Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Building with Legos


I came upstairs with my cup of tea in the morning, and my kids were hard at play. Supriya was busy at work with her Duplo bricks, and Aseem was playing Spy Fox Dry Cereal on the computer (which is a little too hard for him, but he does not give up easily!). Supriya's creation, by the way, is an office building with computers and a car-stand.

I love to see this kind of self-directed play and the utmost seriousness I see on the kids' faces as they engage in it. Indeed, play is one of my topmost values.



Supriya -- and Aseem to a lesser extent -- have been playing a lot with the Duplos of late, so we decided to buy a tub of Lego bricks. We ordered this 50th anniversary limited edition tub with 1000 pieces, and it arrived today. Supriya spent more than an hour playing with it, making various creatures (a dog and a giraffe) and a swimming pool etc. I am looking into getting Supriya involved in the Junior FIRST LEGO League.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home