Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tessellations

Here's my first-ever tessellation (a collection of plane figures that fill the plane with no overlaps and no gaps). We were at the library and I happened across this video called "Tessellations: How to create them" by Jim McNeill (produced by Crystal Video). Both Manisha and I are fans of M.C. Escher, who created many great tessellations. I thought Supriya might also be intrigued by the concept since she is into cutting-and-pasting, so I borrowed the video (it's only 23 minutes anyway). I was right, and Supriya was hooked. Today I decided to make my own tessellation. Supriya was interested in the beginning, but lost interest soon. We might make another one later, hopefully with her help...

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home