Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Supriya is Swimming!

Today Supriya hit a milestone. She went from one end of the pool to the other, breathing "properly"! She has been doing a good imitation of a swimming dog for a while now. She can also put on her mask and swim a fair distance using the snorkel to breathe with her face under water. I felt that it was time for her to do some real swimming. I noticed that she was putting her head in the water but was not letting the air out in the water. After I pointed it out to her she tried it a few times and was able to breathe out under water before coming up and taking a new breath. Today I was getting a little impatient with her not swimming properly and so I pushed her a little and she did it!

She also spent a lot of time today doing somersaults in water. She claimed she did 3 in a row. She also touched the pool floor today for the first time - the shallow part by herself and the deep end (5 feet) with my help. She is getting to be quite the fish...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home