Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Roller-skating

We have added one more activity to our routine - roller-skating, or rollerblading to be precise. This is a alternate weekly Christian skating event in Leominster. All that means is that there is loud Christian music playing in the background. I've been there twice and I have yet to make out the words to most of the songs, except for the occasional "Jesus". Supriya is doing just fine, 'blading along at a good clip and even gliding well. I have brought out my 10+ year-old rollerblades ("Made in the USA", no less!) and am re-discovering the joys of moving around on tiny wheels. I fell once this Tuesday, my first fall ever, which made me realize that I need to get wrist-guards and elbow-pads.

What we really like, however, is that Aseem is having a good time skating. He wears the skating attachment that goes over his sneakers and skates holding hands with someone older. It was me the first week and his special buddy Alex this week. He is getting the hang of it. He is quite kinesthetic in his own way, and Manisha and I are glad to see him enjoy skating.

This week the place was mobbed. So now there is a move afoot to add non-religious skating on the off-Tuesdays. Many of our friends appear to be interested in going on a regular basis, which adds the social angle to the event. We are definitely going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home