Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Friday, February 10, 2006

More on the Genographic Project

I wrote about the Genographic Project recently. This week the participation kit arrived. In it are two cool items (in addition to the cheek-swab sample kit): a map of the human migration over the last 60,000 years and a DVD. The DVD contains a feature called "The Journey of Man", narrated by Dr. Spencer Wells. Definitely recommended. Today I watched the show and Supriya sat next to me the whole time riveted - the whole 1 1/2 hours! I did my best to explain the whole concept to her. She got some parts of it (that we are all related if we go back far enough), although the numbers were a little too big for her to grasp (45,000 years - how much is that?!).

Tomorrow I plan to do my own cheek-swab samples so that I can find out for myself where my ancient ancestors originated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home