Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Spy Kids

Supriya has watched all three movies in the Spy Kids series over the last month or so. She loves the movies and all the action - not to mention all the silly jokes. The movies are about a sister-and-brother pair who save their spy-parents in the first movie and become enlisted agents themselves in the next two movies. I can literally see her feel powerful herself as she watches these two kids & their gadgets. I can definitely relate to it. I have enjoyed many action-hero movies - from James Bond to Bruce Lee to Amitabh Bachchan to The Matrix. I remember that visceral feeling of power as I left the movie-theater! I wrote a while back about the book "Killing Monsters", and I am seeing how it really works right before my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home