Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Four Hour Workweek"

I have been enjoying this book by Tim Ferriss (http://fourhourworkweek.com/blog/). The buzzword is "lifestyle design". Even if I do not do any of the things he recommends (from having a business that run itself to outsourcing routine stuff), my main takeaway is that it's a new economic reality out there. The old industrial model is mostly gone. We live in an incredibly abundant and almost magically a la carte world. It is possible to design your lifestyle towards what you want to do. And it is possible to do it now - you do not have to wait until you retire at 67. I particuarly enjoyed the chapter on "Mini-retirements". This is the worldview I want to inculcate in my kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home