Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Doing the Hula-Hoop

Supriya has really mastered the hula-hoop. I challenged her to do 100. She did it easily. Then I asked her to do 2 hoops at a time. That was easy too. Now she is working on doing 3 hoops! She has the skill, but the hoops are not identical (2 big, 1 small) and that's creating synchronization problems. On our next trip I will get her a couple of big ones, just to keep the challenge going! Pretty soon she will be heading for the circus...

I, in the meantime, am feeling inspired to do the hula myself, and in fact I have been able to do 25 turns once. (Hint: If you want to learn to do the hula, get the biggest size hoop you can get. Size does matter in this case!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea R said...

Okay, I have to ask. :) Why the duct tape on the floor?

4:44 PM

 
Blogger MP said...

A couple of years ago my niece Gargi visited us. Supriya was learning to do cartwheels then and Gargi put that tape on the floor to mark a straight line to guide Supriya. Later Supriya stuck on more tape to play hopscotch. Or so goes Manisha's and my memory! The sad thing is we have not taken the tape off in two years. It's speaks volumes about on our housekeeping - or the lack thereof...

12:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home