Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Supriya's CD

I am posting after quite a while. The last three weeks have been busy, in a good way. The weather is warming up. We are doing more hikes and more outdoor play. Supriya is becoming a good catcher with her baseball glove. We will be frequenting our friendly neighborhood public playground at Hadley Park.

One big project Supriya and I worked on in the last 4 weeks is recording her singing. I had the idea to record her CD to give away as a part of the goody-bags at her birthday party. The idea caught her imagination and we spent a lot of time singing the songs and working on them. Finally it's all done. The CD has 6 songs that showcase her talents - from the very silly to singing against my harmony. I am very proud of her, for what she has accomplished and also for the energy she put into the project. It was a big learning experience for her - from learning the songs to doing multiple takes to managing frustrations when the recording did not work as intended! This was real-life learning - the best kind there is. (I can send you a link to the songs if you are interested. Let me know...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home