Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Robotics and Garage Band

Today it was Day 3 for both the garage band and the robotics class, and I came home pumped! I felt that a breakthrough was achieved today by the band. The kids are all very musical, but were basically floundering because of lack of leadership and focus. I was planning to stay out of the band but felt compelled to step in. Once I suggested they try something they already knew, the ball got rolling and some fine music was made (so what if it was only 15 seconds!). I feel like I have to provide the leadership until the band members are ready to do it for themselves. For now I am going to insist that they play something the majority of them know. There will be plenty of time later to write original music! These are 8- and 9-year olds after all...

Then came robotics where they programmed Spike to go and sting. There was a great sense of fun and excitement amidst much giggling and laughter. I wish I had a video-camera to capture the energy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home