Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Voyagers

Three weeks ago we joined the Voyagers, Inc. coop. We went there the first time to check it out and immediately felt right at home. We knew many of the families, and Supriya and Aseem looked comfortable with the environment and the people.

Supriya has joined the Musical Theater class, run by the talented Lauren Sprague. They are working on producing a short musical comedy based on "Stone Soup", written by Lauren with input from the class. She handed in the script to the cast members yesterday and Supriya read it to me in the van on the way back. She is really excited to be in the play. She has also joined the Dungeons and Dragons club. I have no clue what goes on in the club! All I know is that she has a whole bunch of friends in there and she is enjoying it. By the time she is done with these two, she seems to have no mental energy left for any more focused tasks and plays with her friends the rest of the time.

Aseem is doing 2 classes: Rhythm Sticks and dinosaurs. He is really into dinosaurs these days and enjoys the dinosaurs class a lot. So far they have made a dinosaur habitat, dinosaur fossils and a papier mache dinosaur bone. He spends the rest of the time playing in small groups or by himself.

I have been enjoying hanging out with my friends. I also help out Christina in the Rhythm Sticks class. After lunch I run a juggling club, and after that I take part in the weaving class (which turns out to be more fun than I thought!). So overall we are really enjoying Voyagers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home