Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Supriya's Art

Supriya, Aseem and I have been on an art spree the last couple of weeks. The idea is to create something every day and to explore color, texture and have fun doing it. For a year in 1999 I did art regularly. I basically created one piece of art every day. Obviously not all were great, but that was not the point. The point was to establish a groove and develop my skills and imagination, and I did accomplish that goal.

I have started the same ritual this year. So some time in the morning, Supriya, Aseem and I do art. Supriya is really getting into it and doing some wonderful work. She had a really good time smudging the pastels and creating funky textures. When anybody's piece is good enough, we spray it with hairspray to fix it. If not we just move on. It's turning out to be a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home