Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Museum of Science

We became members of Boston's Museum of Science in July 2006, and it has been a wonderful investment so far. We have already been there 4 times and it has become our favorite family outing. The new ramps off and on I93 have made the commute very convenient and the parking is cheap with membership. We also pack a lot of food with us which also saves money.

We had a great visit today. Supriya and I saw "Far, Far Away: The worlds of Star Wars" and enjoyed it immensely. Manisha and Aseem missed it because Aseem is afraid of the dark planetarium.

Another highlight was Supriya and the Tower of Hanoi. Supriya and I read the rules, and she struggled with it for a minute of two. Then I took over, spent another minute or so and solved it. She was watching me very intently. The minute she started on it I knew she had figured out the algorithm! Before I knew it, it was done. Manisha was the next in line. She solved the problem of course but not as fast as Supriya did. We have been noticing a pattern with her strategic thinking. She excels at it, like she did with Nine Men's Morris. Definitely an innate talent.

All in all a great visit. The membership is totally wasool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

You've been tagged!

Visit my blog to find out more about the game.

9:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home