Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies"

"Supriya just coined another beautiful word. "I can blow up Key [the green alien] again, but then Aseem is just going to dis-blow him!" she exclaimed. She is just a master of coining new words. She makes them up to express what she wants to say, and she does not care if there is no such official word. That's the difference between a native speaker and an outsider,"
I wrote in my new project to write 8 lines per day for 100 days. I talked my friend Donna into it and then got inspired to do it myself! So Donna wrote back recommending "Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies: A Guide to Language for Fun and Spite". Sounds like fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home