Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Monday, November 12, 2007

"Is Raising Kids a Fool's Game?"

This is an article by Karyn McCormack on BusinessWeek Online. It opens with:
Like many parents, I'm suffering from sticker shock. It's not just the $375 monthly tuition for preschool. (And that's for just three hours, two days a week; five full days would cost me $1,000.) Little things add up, like the school's solicitation to donate to their school in Africa and monthly dues for Scholastic Book Club (how could you say no?). The school even put a price tag on potty training: If my daughter, who will turn 3 in December, was not able to use the toilet by herself by the end of September, I'd be charged $100 a month until she achieved this milestone. (She did it, whew!)
I don't know whether to laugh or cry! All I can say is that I live in a different reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home