Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Supriya's List to Make Money

Supriya is doing the personal finance and investments class I am teaching at Voyagers. The assignment I sent out for next Monday was: Write down 25 ideas which you personally could use to make money. I also sent out a list of ideas I can see myself using for making money. I told Supriya about it and the next thing I knew, she was sitting down with her notebook and writing down her list! Here it is:
  • Walk a dog
  • Clean some windows
  • Make a movie and sell it
  • Get a job for money
  • Buy a home and fix it up
  • Sing for money
  • Get a farm, grow beans and sell them
  • Be an actor
  • Make background for plays
  • Do work such as watering tomatoes
  • Read for little kids
  • Find lost toys
  • Babysit pets
  • Teach how to do stretches, handstands, monkeybars
  • Make newspapers
  • Make books for all
  • Make game consoles (Wii, Playstation, Gamecube etc.)
  • Make clothes and sell
  • Make TV shows
  • Help people with problems such as directions and safety
  • Help little kids to keep them safe
  • Be a clown
  • Sell art (drawings and paintings)
  • Make playgrounds (climbing structures)
  • Make websites to visit and learn

I am still impressed by this list. My purpose behind giving this assignment was to encourage out-of-the-box thinking. Evidently it worked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home