Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Friday, February 02, 2007

A Budding Entrepreneur

We went for a hike today with Karl and Noah after the Fabulously Fun Friday organized by MVHL and lunch at the nearby pizza place. The temperature was in the mid-30s but it felt nice & warm after a week of teens and twentys. Supriya picked up a nice branch as a walking stick for me. I told her I wanted to strip away the bark, sand it down and polish it to use it as a hiking stick. I asked her to remind me to visit the Walking Store at the mall to see what the finished product looked like. She liked that idea, and said, "Why don't we make more of them and sell them in summer?" "Great idea." I replied, "Let's do some market research at the Walking Store to find out how much people are willing to pay for a nice walking stick." "There's a problem," I continued. "As you can see, there aren't that many branches lying around. We won't be able to make too many of them." "That will make them even more valuable," Supriya exclaimed. I did not expect such solid understanding of microeconomics from an eight year-old! So now that's going to be our next project - to do some research and understand the walking-stick market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home