Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

More Drumming

Yesterday I said to Supriya's drum teacher, "What you are teaching Supriya - the basics, focusing on the snare drum - is fine. Could you also teach her a basic rock beat so that she and I can make music together?" It was as if he was waiting for me to ask that question! He promptly drew a basic rock beat in her notebook, left hand on the high-hat (closed), right hand on the snare and right foot on the bass drum. This is by far the most difficult thing Supriya has encountered in drumming - and she mastered it just like that! He guided her through the pattern beat-by-beat and by the end of the half-hour session she had it under her belt. I made her practice it after we got home - with me singing the ending refrain of "Hey Jude" - and also a couple of times today. She owns it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home