Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Drawing

Here's a gallery of our recent drawings:

Today Aseem, Supriya and I sat together and drew a dinosaur from the book "The Draw 50 Way" by Lee J. Ames. Aseem started drawing and got frustrated immediately. I told him that we are all learning to draw and it is frustrating in the beginning. I felt that I had to get involved. So we went thru the drawing line by line. I would draw one line, describe it a little (straight/ curved/ connecting this to that etc.) and Aseem & Supriya would copy it. It was fun and satisfying. I am going to offer a course like this next semester at our coop.

Last week Supriya started drawing circles with her new protractor and that inspired her to make them into faces. I thought it made a nice series, variations on a theme.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SUE LANDSMAN-- said...

You have to tell me how you did that gallery!

Have you read the Monart "Drawing With Children" book? It's the thing the $$$ Acton Art people do. I used my $$ to buy the book and the nice markers instead.

9:37 AM

 
Blogger MP said...

Sue,

1. We use Picasa and Picasaweb for our photos. We download our photos from the camera to my laptop using Picasa. Then we upload them to Picasaweb (where we have bought 10+ GB of space, which also serves as our photo backup). Once your pictures are on Picasaweb, you can create slideshows and embed them in blogs/webpages.

Let me know if you have further questions.

2. I do have "Drawing with Children". I am using some ideas from that book and also from "Drawing on the right side of the brain" with Aseem. Their courses are really expensive (& good, from I have seen!), but I don't think Aseem wants to be a part of organized classes yet.

- manoj

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home