Our Unschooling Adventure - which officially started in Lowell in the Fall of 2005 - now continues in Berlin.

Monday, March 10, 2008

More Drumming

Supriya and I have been making music. I sing, with a tambourine in hand, and she drums. She really wants to be in a band. I explained to her that she needs to master three basic beats and she will be able to play 90%+ popular songs. She has already mastered the basic 4/4 rock beat. After looking up an online drumming website I came up with a basic 6/4 rock waltz beat. And Supriya got it immediately.

When we go this Thursday I will be taking along 2 Beatles songs to drum to (as her instructor suggested): "Here, There and Everywhere" for the 4/4 beat (to add intro, fills and ending) and "Norwegian Wood" for the 6/4. This is getting really exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home